Home Forums TrueRNG Hardware random number generator TrueRNG for IPFire 2.15 Build 79 (success!)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RedneckMother 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

First, thank you for providing a good, low cost HWRNG. It was shipped and promptly delivered via USPS.

I am able to use it with the ipfire.org distro on an old Pentium box. The only thing I had to do was to modify the ubld.it rule to use a symlink of “hwrng” instead of “TrueRNG”. No other files were required.

There’s a discussion at:

http://forum.ipfire.org/index.php?topic=11091.msg71590#msg71590

Ubld.it Staff

That’s great news. We didn’t want to force people to symlink hwrng because some systems have a built in hwrng already (as that is the default node for hardware random number generators). But It’s great you were able to get it working!

I figured you were concerned about a possible built in hwrng. That’s part of my “conflict” concerns on the IPFire forum.

Thanks again for making and shipping these devices. I was researching a DIY solution when I found TrueRNG, and realized it made more sense to buy your product. Good job!

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.