Home Forums Other Product Support MIDI Breakout Board help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  inkajoo 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

inkajoo

Hello-

I’m making a MIDI device based on the Raspberry Pi Zero W. I have gotten MIDI input working on my project, it’s output that’s stumping me. I think it’s a hardware problem.

I have a logic level shifter between my 3.3v GPIO pins and the breakout board, using a 5v reference level from one of the 5v GPIO power pins going to the HV pad.

I’m absolutely new to PCB electronics but I have a suspicion that one of the DIN connectors that came with my MIDI breakout board could be defective and I was wondering if you could help me confirm whether that’s true. Basically my question boils down to: is it possible to test continuity between the Xmit pad and the Out connector’s signal pin using a multimeter?

Besides that I would guess that something is wrong with my use of the converter, but I was very careful to hook up everything with the help of this diagram: https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_tutorials/1/4/7/spi-example_bb-02.png (I know that is an Arduino board but I think the only difference when it comes to this is the layout of the pins.)

inkajoo

Disregard; a friend who was helping me solder some headers got drunk and I think he wrecked the transmit pad on the Pi. Tested it with an oscilloscope and nothing. Bought a new board and that tested fine and I’ve got MIDI out working, which means the EZ board is fine. You can delete this thread if you want.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.