Home Forums TrueRNG Hardware random number generator TrueRNGPro: anything bad that would reduce capabilities?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Quadko 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Quadko

I was wondering, is there anything bad I should look out for using my TrueRNGPro device, particularly that would transparently reduce it’s effectiveness (without making it just not work)?

I’m thinking things like if it gets too hot or cold, and that somehow breaks down the generators. I plan to use it at human room temperature, but just curious. I saw elsewhere that it’s fine to run 24/7 for years, but if there’s any limits to that I’d be interested.

I know if I somehow destroyed the electronics and broke it it just wouldn’t send bits – soak it in water or dunk it in alcohol or break the pcb board or etc – that’s not what I mean, of course. :)

euler357

It should work 24/7 for years under normal operating conditions (same as your computer). If there is any manufacturing or premature failure issue, contact us and we’ll make it right.

Chris

Quadko

Sweet, very good to know. I admit I’m glad it’s even cool to the touch after running it for hours. I get nervous about the thumb drives that get hot to the touch…

I didn’t know if running p/n junctions at “breaking point” to generate random data instead of stable transistor behavior had some side effect. Glad there’s no issue. :)

Great project, cheers, mates!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.