Home Forums TrueRNG Hardware random number generator Flag to turn off whitening?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kal_Torak 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kal_Torak

I’ve been looking around the internet for a plain reverse-bias p-n junction HTRNG board, but there’s surprisingly little out there. TrueRNG is the closest thing I’ve found so far, outside of building my own. Unfortunately, I need a random data source that is NOT whitened in post processing.
    Is there any flag to turn off True RNGs whitening? If not, is there a plan to add one?
    (Also, what would the output/second be if the whitening stage could be disabled?)

Thanks.

Ubld.it Staff

So currently we do not have a way of programmatically turning off the whitening. We would have to make some one-off units to do so, which means they need to be rebiased and slightly altered schematic. We’re looking into this.

Kal_Torak

Any update on this? I’m still interested in a unwhitened unit. I’d be willing to preorder if that makes a difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.