Home Forums TrueRNG Hardware random number generator TrueRNG Pro Voltage?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ubld.it Staff 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

redneonglow

Hi,

I recently purchased the TrueRNG Pro, and have made a few posts in the forums. I had mentioned the commands on the Web site to change the modes had no effect, while the unofficial software did work.

On that same page, however, it says that the voltage reported by DBG_POWER_SUPPLY “should always remain between 8800mV and 9800mV” But dd and logserial show the voltage almost always 8484 volts, while occasionally dropping to 8475 or as low as 8450. I tried using USB3 instead of USB2 and this is still true.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and is it having any bad effects?

Thank you!

redneonglow

Bump? Are the mods here?

I sometimes get 85xx-86xx depending on the USB port it’s plugged into. But never anything above that. Can anyone please tell me why the voltage is lower than the official numbers 8800-9800, and the effects of it if any?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  redneonglow.

Ubld.it Staff

redneonglow,

The units calibrate according to the specific characteristics of the noise generators to provide the best results. On the first batch of noise generators, their characteristics were within the published range. Other batches of boards have different characteristics due to component tolerances. This reading is for troubleshooting issues with the power supply. You should only be concerned if it’s under 6000mv or above 12000mv or you see large changes of over 2000mv on a single PC in a short period of time. Also, the units will stop output if the noise generators are not functioning properly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.