Home Forums TrueRNG Hardware random number generator TRNG Use: Email integration, esp Outlook?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  euler357 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Quadko

(I know this doesn’t have anything to do with the hardware specifically, but I was curious if anyone had suggestions using TrueRNGPro with email clients.)

Has anyone integrated the device with email for encryption, and any recommendations around that? I know email encryption is practically an unsolved issue other than between full-crypto-geek endpoints, but just curious about this usage scenario. (Talk about a fertile field for innovation! But customers don’t seem to be buying yet.)

And I’m using Outlook primarily, so info regarding any client would be interesting, and Outlook would be especially apropos. :)

euler357

I believe that someone could make an Outlook plug-in to do cryptography in Outlook that pulls random numbers from the TrueRNGpro.

Unfortunately, we don’t currently know of any way to stream random numbers into the Windows OS to be distributed by the OS to applications. Linux does this very easily with rngd.

Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.